Ultra Coolant is one of the most popular lubricants that Ingersoll Rand has used in their rotary screw compressors for the past 20 years. If you have questions on which oil may have been used in your IR rotary screw compressor, please call us with your serial number. Ultra Coolant should be changed every 8,000 compressor run hours or every two years, whichever occurs first.
Ultra Coolant is a polyglycol based coolant designed to achieve peak compressor performance for contact cooled rotary screw compressors. Utilizing Ultra Coolant’s unique formulation in your air compressor allows for long life, excellent cooling performance, and improved compressor efficiency. Unlike typical petroleum coolants, Ultra Coolant offers high thermal conductivity to extend the life of your compressor. Ultra Coolant is the industry’s leading lubricant, specifically designed to help rotary screw compressors maintain peak performance at a full range of temperatures, minimizing operating costs and environmental impact.
- Up to 8,000 hours of lubricant run time, longer life than most poly-alpha-olefins (PAOs), and as much as 8 times the life of conventional lubricants
- Non-foaming performance significantly lowers carryover as compared to conventional and other synthetic fluids, reducing contamination
- Varnish free operation saves energy, and extends the reliability and life of your system
- 10% higher thermal conductivity extends compressor life and improves efficiency
- High flash point of 271°C (520°F), higher than most poly-alpha-olefins (PAOs), diesters and other synthetic lubricants, enhances operational safety
- Advanced cooling enables compressors to run cooler and more efficiently, even in high-ambient temperature environments
- Excellent biodegradability and recyclability
The old part number for Ultra Coolant was 39163415. This part number (92692284) is a direct replacement for the older number.