Employment - Service Coordinator
Open until: filled
About Portland Compressor
Portland Compressor was founded in 1984 and is a true brick and mortar company specializing in air compressors and airless painting equipment, located in Portland Oregon. Portland Compressor is the only Ingersoll Rand dealer in Oregon and the largest Chicago Pneumatic compressor distributor in the United States. We provide sales, parts, accessories and service for these product lines as well as others. With nearly two dozen of us making things happen here at Portland Compressor, we pride ourselves on providing the same home-town service that got us off the ground in 1984. Portland Compressor is a rapidly growing company and is looking for the appropriate person to grow with us.
Portland Compressor has an immediate opening in our service department for a field service coordinator for an individual with experience in the industrial equipment industry. This position entails scheduling service technicians to perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on industrial compressed air systems. This position manages our preventive maintenance customer base by proactively calling customers to schedule work when their maintenance is due, while also fielding phone calls from customers who need immediate service.
- Schedule field service technicians to perform preventive maintenance and emergency breakdowns
- Provide estimates for customers based on a service technicians recommendation
- Contact customers with parts pending as parts are received for scheduling
- Read and comprehend operation manuals, electrical schematics, and parts breakdowns
- Document service and installation activities by reviewing work orders for each job
- Maintain the maintenance agreements, including scheduling, database information, and renewals
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns and routing them to the assigned staff
- Other assignments may be given at the discretion of the management
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of service work related to industrial equipment (compressed air, HVAC, vacuum etc...)
- Working knowledge of compressed air systems and associated components is a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude for industrial equipment
- Able to read and understand parts breakdowns and instruction books.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Good customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean record
- The job requires some lifting of 75 lbs.
Salary is negotiable and based on experience. Please include your salary requirements with your resume.