Portland Compressor has an immediate opening in our service department as a field service technician for an individual with experience in the industrial equipment industry. We prefer experience within the air compressor field.
This is an opening for an INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN ONLY, service technicians for phones, IT, cable, etc should not apply. If your background does not include the listed items under "Requirements and skills", your resume will be immediately discarded.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following
- Provide maintenance and repairs on compressed air systems
Perform diagnostics and determine causes for malfunctions on defective air compressor systems
- Create and/or maintain positive relationships with customers
- Technical assistance on equipment start-ups and installations
- Provide prompt and courteous service
- Documents service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job
- Enter customer information, take payments and create receipts
- Respond to customer e-mails
- Self motivated and perform with limited supervision
- Other assignments may be given at the discretion of the management
Requirements and skills
- 2+ years of technical field service work related to industrial equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude for industrial equipment
- Strong electrical and plumbing aptitude
- Able to read wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Good customer service skills
- Valid drivers license and clean record
- Possess Excellent organization and cleanliness
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- While performing duties, the employee may be required to kneel, bend, or crawl.
- The job requires frequent lifting of up to 75 lbs.
- Familiarity with Ingersoll Rand, Chicago Pneumatic, Campbell Hausfeld, Emglo, RolAir, Atlas Copco, etc...
- Knowledge of Rotary Screw and Reciprocating compressors
- Manufacturer certification a plus
- Manufacturers service/repair/installation classes/training a plus
- Experience with airless painting equipment or pressure washers is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP Business One
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, preferably Outlook
- Retail sales experience
- Forklift operation, certification
A qualified applicant will be a trustworthy self-starter with good self-management skills with little need for supervision once trained. A company vehicle will be provided for use when on the job
Integrity and accountability are a must.
Qualified candidates will have a HS Diploma or GED. College experience would be preferred, but not required.
Strong oral and written communications skills in English.
Salary is negotiable and based on experience. Please include your salary requirements with your resume.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Portland Compressor has a low employee turnover rate and we enjoy that, so, if you are just looking for a J. O. B., please keep looking, if you are looking for a place to grow, this may be the place.