Storing your airless paint sprayer properly is critical to its overall life. Following
basic steps such as not storing the machine with water, and always using a pump preserver
will increase the sprayers life and decrease maintenance costs. Also, remember
to use standard safety precautions such as wearing eye protection, grounding equipment
when using flammable materials and please dispose of waste material properly. See more
about airless paint sprayer safety.
For additional information and assistance, give us a call at 866-208-4023
Short Term Storage ( Up to 16 Hours)
Follow these steps when using latex materials only. If using materials that are oil-based,
follow the Cleanup and Long-Term Storage steps.
- Lock the spray gun in the off position
Turn the Prime/Spray knob to the Prime position. Turn the pump off and unplug the
- Pour 1/2 cup water slowly on the top of the paint to prevent the paint from drying.
Wrap the spray gun assembly in a damp cloth and place it in a plastic bag. Seal
the bag shut.
- Place the sprayer in a safe place out of the sun for short-term storage.
Long Term Storage
Follow these instructions only after all cleanup steps have been performed.
Fill a cup or other container with separating oil (approximately 2 ounces) and submerge
the inlet valve into the oil.
- Place a rag over the spray hose port, and turn the switch ON
- When the oil has been sucked from the cup, turn the pump OFF
- Wipe the entire unit, hose and gun with a damp cloth to remove accumulated paint.
- Replace the high pressure hose to the paint hose port.
Cleaning and Storing the Inlet Valve
Failing to clean and store the inlet valve properly after use may result in priming
problems the next time you plan to use your airless paint sprayer.
- Remove the suction set.
- Unscrew the inlet valve assembly from the sprayer.
Visually inspect the inside and outside of the inlet valve assembly. Clean any paint
residue with the appropriate cleaning solution (i.e. paint thinner).
- Lubricate the O-ring on the inlet valve
- Replace inlet valve assembly by screwing it into the sprayer.
- Torque to 23-27 ft lbs (PF23) or 32-38 ft lbs (PF30).
- Replace suction set and hand-tighten.