These washing instructions apply to only the Graco Magnum series airless paint sprayers.
If spraying lacquers, purchase Lacquer
Conversion Kit 248202. Follow Shutdown and Cleaning procedures for oil-based materials.
Power flushing is a faster method of flushing. It can only be used after spraying
- Turn power switch OFF. Lift suction tube and prime tube from paint pail. Let them drain into paint for a while.
- Place suction and prime tube in waste pail.
- Turn Spray-Prime/Drain Valve to PRIME.
- Turn Pressure Control knob to the left (counter-clockwise) to minimum pressure.
- Trigger gun into waste pail to relieve pressure in hose.
- Remove tip and guard assembly from gun and place in flushing fluid.
- Screw power flush attachment to garden hose. Open valve.
- Turn on water. Rinse paint off suction tube, prime tube and inlet screen.
- Turn lever to close power flush attachment.
- Unscrew inlet screen from suction tube. Place inlet screen in waste pail.
- Connect garden hose to suction tube with Power Flush attachment. Leave prime tube in waste pail.
- Turn Spray-Prime/Drain valve to SPRAY.
- Align arrow on sprayer with pail symbol on Pressure Control knob until pump starts.
- Open lever on Power Flush attachment.
Step 15 is for returning paint in hose back to paint pail. One 50-ft (15-m) hose holds approximately 1-quart (1-liter) of paint.
- Pull and hold gun trigger. Point gun into paint pail.
- Turn power switch ON to begin pumping paint in hose back into paint pail.
- When water comes out of gun, continue to trigger gun, aiming gun into waste pail.
- Continue triggering gun into waste pail for 1-2 minutes, until relatively clear water comes out of gun.
- Turn Spray-Prime/Drain valve to PRIME.
- Circulate water through sprayer, into waste pail, for 20 seconds.
- Turn power switch OFF.
- Close Power Flush attachment. Turn off garden hose.
- Unscrew Power Flush attachment from suction tube.
- Fill unit with Pump
Armor storage fluid. Read Long Term Storage.
The InstaClean Fluid Filter prevents particles from entering paint hose. After each use, remove and clean it to insure peak performance.
- Turn power switch OFF.
- Disconnect airless spray hose from sprayer and remove InstaClean Fluid Filter.
InstaClean filter Then, unscrew outlet fitting First, unscrew hose
- Check InstaClean Fluid Filter for debris. If needed, clean filter with water and a soft brush.
- Install InstaClean Fluid Filter.
Install open end of InstaClean filter in outlet fitting, then screw outlet fitting into sprayer outlet fitting
- Tighten outlet fitting and reconnect hose to sprayer.
Clean gun fluid filter with compatible solvent and a brush every time you flush the system. Replace gun filter when damaged.
If you want to see some pictures of paint sprayers that have not been taken care of, see The Airless Wall of Shame.