This applies to the following Graco TexSpray texture sprayers; RTX 650 (#254973).
First you will need the correct Graco TexSpray pump repair kit.
For the above sprayers it should be Graco RotoFlex Pump Hose # 288623. You will also need
a little petroleum jelly.
Pressure Relief Procedure
To reduce the risk of serious bodily injury, including electric shock and splashing
fluid in eyes, follow this procedure whenever you stop spraying.
- Turn Power Switch OFF.
- Trigger gun into material hopper.
- Disconnect air hose from gun.
Do Pressure Relief Procedure before continuing!
- Relieve Pressure
- Unplug sprayer from outlet.
- Remove shroud (2 screws upper, 2 screws lower. Pull back and up).
- Loosen two spacers (56) and knob (41).
- Loosen hopper fitting by hand to remove hopper (1).
- Use 3/8 in. socket to remove screw (36) from hose bracket (27).
- Slide hose fittings out of hose bracket (27) and remove hose (23) from base (2).
You are half way there
Reinstall RotoFlex Pump hose on plate.
- Bend hose (23) so colored dots on hose fittings face each other and slide hose fittings
through hose bracket (27).
CAUTION: Make sure protective fabric faces outside of hose. Roller will touch exposed area of pump hose when pump
is in place.
- Squeeze hose ends together to keep hose (23) and bracket (27) together and feed
pump hose fittings through holes on front of base.
- Use 3/8 in. socket to tighten screw (36) on hose bracket (27).
- Install hopper and tighten hopper fitting on hopper (1) by hand until snug.
- To set pressure, apply petroleum jelly to threads (41), tighten knob (41) until
back of bracket (25) is approximately 1/2 in. from front of tensioning bracket (16).
- Tighten front spacer (56) until flush to front of tensioning bracket (16). Tighten
back spacer (56) 3/8 in. from tensioning bracket.
Note: To break in new pump, run sprayer
dry for no longer than two minutes. Replace hose when mud seeps through slots in the
base and leaves material on the floor.