Portland Compressor recognizes that privacy is important to you and we value your trust in us.
In a nutshell; We collect info from you to facilitate doing business with you and other limited uses such as improving our website. WE DO NOT sell, share, rent or provide your personal information to any third party except as necessary to respond to an inquiry or provide requested services or in certain rare specific cases described below. We do not send unsolicited email (spam). Our newsletters and email offers are opt-in only. We may use contact information for; issues with orders, payment transactions, order tracking and the like.
The Information We Collect
Personal Information You Supply
The info that you provide us, such as when you register in our online store, make a purchase in our physical store or online, subscribe to our newsletter, contact us via email, phone, apply for employment etcetera. This personal information may include but is not limited to; name, physical addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and payment information.
Information that is Automatically Collected
Some types of information are automatically collected when you use our websites. This may include your IP address, computer operating system type and version, your browser type and version, the time you visited and for how long, the pages visited and the page and/or domain you were on prior to your visiting us as well as your travels through our site. Most of this information is aggregate and non-personally identifiable.
A “cookie” is a small data file placed on your computer, via your web browser, by our site. This is used for several reasons such as; to make sure you are you, keep track of your shopping cart contents, website preferences, customize displayed content, to enable additional functionality. If you reject cookies, you may still use the website; however, you may not be able to access all areas or features.
How We May Use the Information Collected
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes such as:
- Primarily it is used to do basic business with you. To communicate with you; order shipment location, order confirmation, payment confirmation, shipment tracking, any issues with your order such as undeliverable addresses, delivery delay and backordered items.
- We also respond to questions and comments
- To provide customer service
- Send our newsletter and/or promotions to those who have subscribed to them.
- Administer and maintain your Portland Compressor account
- Improve out websites, services and better how we do business
WE DO NOT sell, share, rent or provide your personal information to any third party except as necessary to respond to your inquiry or provide your requested services.
In certain circumstances we may be required to provide personal information, such as;
- Third parties that are bound to non-disclosure who perform critical services or functions for Portland Compressor.
- To comply with law enforcement, such as; a subpoena or summons, or to investigate network abuse.
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings
Security of Information
Portland Compressor strives to use reasonable commercially available electronic, physical products and procedures to protect your personal information while in our control.
Please see our Security Policy information for details
Our websites are not directed to, or intended for, children under the age of 13, though we do try hard to offer websites that are “clean” and free of questionable content. Portland Compressor will never willingly collect or maintain information of persons under 13.